Fender amp-in-a-box: A lush and dynamic medium gain overdrive.
From the Pettyjohn Website:
The Pettyjohn IRON MKII is a full re-work of our classic medium gain overdrive. Since its release over three years ago the IRON has become one of our most popular drives. The IRON has been loved for its ability to musically thicken your tone with the harmonic richness and touch sensitivity of vintage American amps pushed to the edge of breakup.
Originally developed as a second stage drive as part of the PettyDrive, it excels at being a second stage drive, stacking on top of another, largely in thanks to the clean mix feature. We have listened to feedback from players and dealers alike and have come up with a refined IRON MKII exemplifying Pettyjohn’s uncompromising approach in studio-grade tone engineering and product aesthetic.
- New! High voltage power! – 36 Volts of internal power from standard 9v adaptor (200mA)
- New! Relay True Bypass switching – Soft touch switch with totally quite switching and auto-bypass when power is off
- New! HIGHS and LOWS wide range sweepable filters
- New! Clipping mix knob, blend between Silicon and LED clipping
- New! Increased headroom and lower noise on all stages
- New! Active output level control for no tone loss and clean boost power
- New! Knobs and Labels – Easier to read on stage
- New! Foundry Series MKII custom enclosure with in-set screws
Audiophile, Studio-Grade Performance
- Burr Brown OPA input and output buffer
- Audiophile grade, through-hole 1% Metal Film resistors
- Top-shelf WIMA and Silver Mica caps used in tone sensitive operations
- Lead-free PCB constructed with Audiophile lead-free silver solder
- Extremely low noise
- Box and circuit handmade in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, USA
- Dimensions: 2.75”W x 4.75”L x 2.5” H
- Weight: 2 lbs